Saturday, September 4, 2010

Throwback Galaxy - Whomp Silver Star Speed Run

Welcome Back to the Galaxy!
This time, we have to get all 5 Silver Stars in 2 minutes. I would have preferred 2:30, but I have to work with what I'm given. I got the first 3 easily, but decided to get the one on the side cloud next because I don't have time to go to the top, then the side cloud, then back to the top. However, before I could reach the 4th Star, I ground pounded through the cloud instead of long jumping and fell into the void.
Take 2- I ran out of clouds after the 3rd Silver Star, so I fell off trying to reach the 4th Star with 1 minute left.
Take 3- I got the first 3, but I hit the wall trying to get the fourth and couldn't recover.
Take 4- I got 4, but hit a Goomba and ran out of time.
Take 5- I got 4, but fell off the planet.
Take 6- See Take 5.
Take 7- I got 3, but fell off with a bad shake.
Take 8- I got 2, but ground pounded through a cloud trying to reach the 3rd.
Take 9- I got 1, but was killed by a Thwomp.
Take 10- I got 2, took a hit from a Piranha Plant, and ground pounded into the void. I gave up at this point.
Take 11- This time I got all 5 Silver Stars with 16 seconds to spare. I backflipped up the wall after the 4th Star, which drops us off right by conveyor platform to the top of the fortress. The Star appeared at the top of the fortress.
Star Get #99, Galaxy Complete!, 1753 Star Bits, 1654 Coins, 11 Lives

No comments:

Post a Comment