Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Flip-Swap Galaxy - Purple Coin Flip 'n' Sprint

Welcome Back to the Galaxy!
It's time for another Purple Coin Mission! This one was very difficult for me. We have to get all 100 coins in 3 minutes, dealing with the flipping platforms and the Chomps. I fell through due to a bad double shake.
Take 2- I was bumped off the level. I gave up here.
Take 3- I continued the next day, got 5, and fell through from a bad shake.
Take 4- I did better this time. I got 58 and a 1-up, but was knocked off by a Chomp.
Take 5- I got 15 and a 1-up, but a bad shake did me in.
Take 6- I got 65, a 1-up, and was knocked off by a Chomp.
Take 7- I got 44, a 1-up, and was knocked off.
Take 8- I got 59, a 1-up, and hit an electric fence before falling off.
Take 9- I got 64, a 1-up, and took a hit from a Chomp as was knocked off. I don't like this level! It's very frustrating.
Take 10- I got 60 and a 1-up, but was knocked off.
Take 11- See Take 9.
Take 12- I got 65 coins, a 1-up, and fell through from a bad shake. Here, I started to jump to platforms instead of walking to save time.
Take 13- I got 26 coins, a 1-up, and fell through from a bad shake. Wait, I'm getting fewer coins! I can't take steps backwards!
Take 14- I got 68, 1-up, was knocked off by a Chomp.
Take 15- I got 40, 1-up, died from bad shake.
Take 16- I got 3, died from a bad shake. That was pathetic!
Take 17- I got 17, 1-up, hit an electric fence, and fell off.
Take 18- I decided to take off my headphones, because, even though the music is very good, it makes me extremely nervous. I always dreaded hearing this music when playing Galaxy because it means I'm under time pressure. This didn't help immediately, because I only got 3 before falling off from a bad jump.
Take 19- I got 39, a 1-up, and died from a bad jump. I gave up to pursue other Stars.
Take 20- I got 2 before falling off.
Take 21- 7, bad shake.
Take 22- 65, 1-up, knocked off by Chomp.
Take 23- 17, 1-up, knocked off after hitting electric fence.
Take 24- 17, bad shake.
Take 25- 23, fell off.
Take 26- 2, fell off. Can I please make some progress? My numbers are all over the place. Namely, I'm getting stuck at the area where multiple Chomps appear.
Take 27- 2, fell off. Not again!
Take 28- 17, 1-up, bad shake.
Take 29- 64, 1-up, bad shake.
Take 30- 64, 1-up, knocked off.
Take 31-Finally! I got all 100 with less than 30 seconds to spare. I survived hits from an electric fence. I also found a way to strategically clear the Chomps that infinitely appear so I can get the coins unacosted. There are platforms without coins on them, so I can jump to them and make the Chomps fall through. This takes a while, but is well worth it. Victory!
Star Get #90, Galaxy Complete!, 1531 Coins, 15 Lives
This was not one of my best performances, but sadly not my worst. You'll see how bad it got.

No comments:

Post a Comment