Sunday, September 26, 2010

Rolling Masterpiece Galaxy - Masterpiece Speed Run

Welcome Back to the Galaxy!
I did not like this Star. I think this particular Speed Run suffers from poor level design. We have 2 minutes to go through the level, but, although the clock stops for brief cutscenes, the timer ticks down as we launch, costing us several precious seconds. Considering we launch at least 4 times and each launch takes around 5 seconds, we lose a significant percentage of the time, which we need to defeat the Silver Chomp. I also did not realize that when I got the key, I could just roll through, instead of backing up, costing me several more seconds. My ability to complete this Star was also based on Bob-omb placement. They took out the wooden area with saws and replaced it with a grass planet with Bob-ombs, who move around. The planet is full of holes, so your ability to reach the launch area depends on their placement because they will explode on contact, which could knock you into the holes. On some of my tries, I would defeat the Chomp, but run out of time before being able to roll to the basin. On other tries, I would roll into the basin at the very last second, the Star appeared, and I died. The clock didn't stop! Fortunately, after 35 takes, I figured out what needed to happen and got lucky enough to get the Star with 15 seconds to spare on Take 36. The Silver Chomp will follow you, so it's a good idea to get it close to the edge and repeatedly bump it. The Chomp is very stubborn and will hold on with everything it has, even when you think it should have fallen off. Thankfully, this Star is mine.
Star Get #108, Galaxy Complete!, 3101 Star Bits, 1673 Coins, 11 Lives

No comments:

Post a Comment