Friday, September 3, 2010

Rolling Coaster Galaxy - The Rainbow Road Roll

Welcome Back to the Galaxy!
It's another Star Ball rolling galaxy! As the mission title states, this is a reference to Rainbow Road. Parts of the track look like they came from Mario Kart Wii's Rainbow Road. This galaxy plays the slide music once the ball starts rolling, and adjusts its tempo depending on the ball's speed. There are many Starshrooms, one for each Toad. Green Toad says "Go, go go!", while Red Toad says "Slow, slow, slow!" as we're approaching the rails that will guide us to various parts of the galaxy. We then land on the rainbow part of the galaxy, where Yellow Toad, who will be our comedian in this galaxy, says "Stay under contROLL!". We avoid Bob-ombs and see Blue Toad at the fork in the path. He says "Experts stay right!". I don't consider myself an expert, so I take the path on the left, with hills and more Bob-ombs. I also got a 1-up here.
The paths reunite soon after on another rainbow track that tilts and has pieces taken out of it, for an added challenge. I tilt the Wiimote at about a 30 degree angle to the left to stay on. (When I came into the Archive to play, I found the person playing my file trying to get through this area, but he couldn't. He kept rolling off because he never tilted the Wiimote enough to stay on when there was a gap. He could also have been nervous because I was watching over his shoulder.) We roll onto more rails, which launch us into the air! Pink Toad says "Almost there!" That's good, because this galaxy is too exciting. We roll onto a green platform, and take the rails to an orange platform with a basin for the Star. The ball breaks open and releases the Star.
I can't believe I got this on my first try! Wait, I'm missing something. I didn't see the Comet Medal at all. After I got the Star, I returned. I went over the easy path again and didn't see it. I then went on the expert path and found it there. The expert path is extremely narrow and has red grate posts on it that will knock you off the level if you hit them at certain angles. I made it through on my first try by being careful.
Star Get #94, 43 Comet Medals, 1422 Star Bits, 1645 Coins, 8 Lives

No comments:

Post a Comment