Monday, December 26, 2011

Toy Time Galaxy - Luigi's Purple Coins

Welcome to the Galaxy!
Mario
It's now time for another of my least favorite Stars. We fly in around 8-bit Mario, and, as you may have guessed, there's an 8-bit Luigi on the other side. Instead of lava, some of the green parts are goop, so falling in means instant death. There are 150 Purple Coins and we have 3 minutes to collect 100. Some of the coins are clustered off the planet. To get those, we have to walk off and immediately spin back to safety. A large set of coins are clustered into four lines that we must long-jump over to reach. I don't long-jump under pressure very well, so getting these coins is difficult. For those who cannot long-jump under pressure, fear not! You don't need to long jump to complete this mission. It makes the mission easier, but it's still not easy. Don't run around a lot near the foot you land on: this will start yellow platforms flipping and make green tiles disappear. The Star will appear where you landed, so you need a way back. I go to the yellow flipping platforms and work my way towards the cap, then to the punching hand, where there's a 1-up, then to the buttons. During some of the long jumps, you may land on the buttons. I get the coins on the buttons to add to my total, and head for the foot with about 80 coins. This took me 47 attempts to get 100 Purple Coins. I got 100 coins with 28 seconds to spare and got the Star with 23 left.
Star Get #113, Galaxy Complete!, 2920 Star Bits, 12 Lives

Luigi
With as much practice as I got, this was a bit easier. I didn't use long-jumps and it took me 19 attempts.
Star Get #113, Galaxy Complete!, 2256 Star Bits, 24 Lives

No comments:

Post a Comment