Saturday, August 28, 2010

Boo Moon Galaxy - The Star in the Sinking Swamp

Welcome Back to the Galaxy!
This Star was very difficult to find. It's a hidden Star that's very easy to miss. I land in the halls and wander around. I take a hit from a Boo, launch, and ride the snaking platform to the midgate. I get 3 1-ups from the musical notes and launch to the moon, where I get the Launch Star Chips and launch to the pop-up area. I missed the secret path entirely. I left and gave up for the time being.
Take 2- I returned, took hits from Boos, launched, tripped the midgate, and got 3 1-ups and fell in the goop.
Take 3- Fell in the goop.
Take 4- I got a 3 1-up and rode the snake platform towards the Launch Star. As the snake platform sinks into the goop, another snake platform appears at the last second. I missed it, so I returned to the map.
Take 5- I launched to the midgate, got 3 1-ups, and missed the platform to the Star. I fell in.
Take 6- I got 3-up and fell in the same place.
Take 7- I got 3-up, took a hit from a Ghost Octoomba, and fell in.
Take 8- I got a 3-up, a 100 Star Bit 1-up, but didn't jump off the sinking platform and fell in.
Take 9- I got a 3-up, took a hit from a Ghost Octoomba and got on the secret platform, which moves much faster than Mario can walk, so I fell in.
Take 10- I got a 3-up, but used the Launch Star, so I returned to the map.
Take 11- I launched, took a hit from a Ghost Octoomba and reached the midgate. I got a 3-up, took another hit, and fell in.
Take 12- I got a 3-up and successfully followed the platform to the Star. It moves faster that Mario walks, but it zigs and zags, and doubles back on itself so Mario can stay aboard. However, Mario should neither jump nor spin, as this will cause him to fall behind. Just dodge the Ghost Octoombas without spinning. The platform will take you to the Star and start sinking into the goop, so align Mario under the Star quickly and carefully and jump to get it.
Star Get #81, Galaxy Complete!, 460 Star Bits, 1501 Coins, 35 Lives
I just may have a new place to get lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment