Saturday, August 28, 2010

Flash Black Galaxy - Jumping Around in the Dark

Welcome Back to the Galaxy!
We fed a hungry Luma 1800 Star Bits to make this galaxy appear. That's not a typo, the galaxy's name is Flash Black, not Flash Back. (You'll understand soon.) On the map, it looks like the haunted mansion in Ghostly Galaxy in Galaxy. It will periodically look like the house, then everything fades to a silhouette. We fly into the galaxy, hearing the Beat Block music without the beeps (whistles). I can kind of hear it in my head, so not hearing it in my ears makes it feel like something's missing. The galaxy is experiencing an electrical storm, because lightning flashes will periodically light up the surroundings so we can see where we're going, but everything slowly fades to black, but it's not raining. Surprisingly, we can see all the enemies, regardless of whether the area is lit up. Maybe they're radioactive or otherwise glow-in-the-dark. We land on a path outside the house and take out a blue bird before entering the house from the side. The area switches to a 2D antfarm. The mansion looks nice from the inside when you can see it. We get Yoshi and Blimp Fruit so we can ascend. We get a Life Shroom and hit a spike bomb. We find the Comet Medal in the top left corner of the house. We unfortunately land on a Pumpkin Goomba's fire and lose Yoshi. We reach the Launch Star in the house near the center. (The mansion's kind of a maze.)
We fly out of the house to the midgate. We land on a stone path and can see the glow of the Star in the distance. But it's just an illusion- we get closer (when we can see) and see that we must collect Silver Stars. I collect four of them, but I fell off because I moved when it was dark and there was no platform there. Curses!
Take 2- I get the first two Stars and take a hit from a blue bird. I make my way on the path and collect the remaining three. I move to the edge and get the Star on the last center platform.
Star Get # 74, 37 Comet Medals, 47 Star Bits, 1434 Coins, 11 Lives
We got 7 Stars in this session, which isn't bad. I gave up on a few missions. Fortunately, I have 177 Stars currently. (Yes, I'm backlogged 103 Stars. These missions were completed in June.)

No comments:

Post a Comment