Saturday, August 28, 2010

Haunty Halls Galaxy - Sneaking Down the Creepy Corridor

Welcome Back to the Galaxy!
This Star was difficult for me. We land back in Haunty Halls to find that the path is moving us away from the starting place. I take a hit from a Ghost Octoomba and keep going. Once we get past the Ghost Octoombas, we find a sign that says the Boos won't hurt us as long as we don't look them in the eye, OK? What? Since when? (Oh, wait, dark Boos will chase us if we look at them.) In tiny print, we see the words "Tee hee hee!" Then a giant Boo surrounded by four regular Boos appears and chases us. The camera switches to us moving towards it, instead of 3rd person behind us, so I fell off trying to launch.
Take 2- The Boos appear and if we face them, they stop, cover their eyes, and blush. We reach the Launch Star and launch to the next planet. We trip the midgate. The corridor is made of red carpet with platforms moving closer to and away from it. Boos will periodically appear and chase us, so we fell off.
Take 3- We reach the Sling Star by being patient. The platforms will move closer so you can use them. There are Boos chasing us the entire way, but we can look at them to stop them in their tracks. We reach the midgate in the new area. There are more skulls eating through the moving carpet and I fell through a hole.
Take 4- I notice that the skulls move in circles. I walk behind them so I will have carpet to walk on. I can see the Star's glow at the end. I reached the safe area after being chased by another Boo. Now we are chased by 5 more Boos like at the beginning of the galaxy, but the platforms are small squares moving between dark matter like in "A Glimmer of Bulb Berry" and the camera is facing Mario, making my job much harder. Because of the altered camera angle, I fell off the level.
Take 5- I take a hit from a skull and a Boo, which nearly knocks me off the carpet. I triggered the appearance of the 5 Boos, and jumped off the level. I don't like this camera angle at all!
Take 6- I was knocked through by a skull.
Take 7- I got a 100 Star Bit 1-up and was knocked off by a skull. I gave up at this point because I had one life left.
Take 8- I walked off the level when the Boos at the beginning appeared.
Take 9- I launched to the midgate, slung to the midgate and fell through.
Take 10- I finally made it to the Star! It was hard getting to the Star on the last stretch because there is no where to rest and face the Boos because all platforms not below the Star will disappear. I don't want to try this Star again unless I absolutely have to.
Star Get #71, 841 Star Bits, 1412 Coins, 8 Lives

1 comment:

  1. who makes the titles for the missions? I would love to meet that person. so many interesting names... :)

    all these posts are soooo detailed, wow! keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete