Saturday, August 28, 2010

Bowser's Gravity Gauntlet - Gravity Star Speed Run

Welcome Back to the Galaxy!
Yes, once again, I am doing one of the Grand Star Cosmic Stars. For some reason, for completing these challenges, which are now harder, you are rewarded with a regular Power Star. This goes completely against the reward principle of good game design! We have 30 seconds to reach the Star, but we can collect clocks to add 10 seconds each to our time limit. That isn't a problem for Take 1 because we take hits from Podoboos and lava and die.
Take 2- I took several hits, but ran out of time near the water.
Take 3- I made it to the water, but because I took a hit from a Cheep-Cheep, I couldn't reach a clock in time and ran out of time.
Take 4- I got very close to the Star, but due to the 2D nature and the gravity of the area, I made a bad jump that made me land on a Goomba instead of the rotating wheel that would have led to the Star. This stalled me and I ran out of time because I couldn't reach the last clock. I did get a 1-up on the way, though.
Take 5- I took some hits and got a 1-up. I finally made it to the Star with somewhere between 10-20 seconds to spare.
Star Get #73, Galaxy Complete!, 1107 Star Bits, 1427 Coins, 12 Lives
A Comet appears in the Chompworks Galaxy. This can't be good. (It isn't.)

No comments:

Post a Comment