Sunday, August 8, 2010

Boulder Bowl Galaxy - C'mere, Goomba

Welcome Back to the Galaxy!
I decided to take up the Gearmo's request for work done. I land back in Boulder Bowl and take a hit from a Green Octoomba. I get the Rock Mushroom, reach the midgate, bowl 5 of 6 Pinheads. I then take out the Octoombas with the same strategy as last time. We launch to the area with boulders and Chomps. So far, we haven't seen the Gearmo. I take a hit from a green Octoomba and a Chomp.
We wander around and find a gold Gearmo in between mudtracks. You know what the color gold means, right? I approach the Gearmo, thinking, "Alright, I'm here! What do you want me to burn?" Except he doesn't want anything burned. Inner pyro shall remained leashed. We talk to him and he says he wants a Goomba. Yes, a Goomba. He collects them. (He doesn't actually say "Goomba"; a picture of a Goomba appears in his text bubble. I guess it avoids name translation issues.) He found a Star in the trash and will give it to us if we bring him a Goomba within 4 airport lighting posts he sets up. Well, okay then. But, wait! Where am I going to get a Goomba on this planet? I go back to where I first landed and spun a rock pillar. Out pops a Goomba! We're in business! I have the Goomba chase me back to the Gearmo, but it gets flattened by a Chomp.
I go back and break another pillar and lead that one successfully within the posts. I took a few hits from it, but it's worth it because you don't want to move so fast it loses interest and wanders off. The Gearmo makes the Goomba levitate and spin in the air. He says it's adorable, cute, and ferocious. (Oooookay. If you say so.) He gives us a Star because we deserve it.
Star Get #65, 439 Star Bits, 1386 Coins, 6 Lives
Interlude
Chee? Lubba says we brought a Gearmo. We should put it out of the way because maybe it wants to relax for a bit. The gold Gearmo is sitting at the tree stump with the tea setting. He gives us a 1-up when we talk to him. (Just this once.) He thanks us. He kind of digs Goombas.

No comments:

Post a Comment