Sunday, August 1, 2010

Clockwork Ruins Galaxy - Time for Adventure

Welcome Back to the Galaxy!
Well, isn't that a cliche title? We land in the galaxy, which has the same music as Slipsand. We don't see any clock faces, but there are many rotating "gears" set into the rocks and trees. What is with clocks and trees? They were paired earlier in Tick Tock Clock in Super Mario 64. We have to navigate rotating platforms with enemies. We first take out the Pumpkin Goombas on land. We are knocked off by a blue Octoomba and couldn't recover.
Take 2- These rotating platforms are tricky to navigate. The first two platforms have no safety net, but I made it across them. I was knocked off the next one.
Take 3- I cross over all of the platforms and find a hungry Luma on the safety net of the last gear. He wants 30 Coins, which I don't have and don't plan on going back to get more. We launch into a 3D antfarm with a midgate. There are walls the push out, trying to get rid of us. There is a switch to ground pound on the side, but we can't reach it. There's a Life Shroom in the lower right corner. We ascend the antfarm to find a Luma trapped in a bar cage. We climb to the top and flip a gravity arrow. Parts of the former wall fall away. The wall is now the floor, so we can use the wall to reach the switch as we maneuver carefully around the gaps. Pounding the switch gets rid of the cage. The Luma thanks us because the cage was starting to smell moldy. (Well, I'm sorry you were uncomfortable.) He says the Star is ahead and henshins into a Launch Star.
We launch to a midgate, and see several notched gears rolling down a slope. We can ride to the top of the gears in the notches. We fall through a gap in the slope.
Take 4- I get a 1-up in an alcove. The Comet Medal is high above and it takes me several tries to get it. I start near where the gears drop from above. The gears have Tiki faces on them. After getting the medal, I dodge some spikes and climb up some pegs sticking out of the wall. I pound another switch and wall jump up some gears. I miss one coin from a green pipe. I take a hit from a green Octoomba and ride a platform up so I can see the Star above some pegs. I pound yet another switch and make more gears fall. We ride them to the pegs, which we jump up to reach the Star.
Star Get #60, 35 Comet Medals, 498 Star Bits, 1344 Coins, 11 Lives
Interlude
We get a letter from The Chimp saying there is a new game in Honeyhop. We'll take care of it later.
This was another very good game session. I got 14 Stars this time. Although I've taken a break from the game, during my last two sessions, I got 20 Stars each time. I should be finished with this game in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment