Saturday, August 28, 2010

Chompworks Galaxy - Spring into the Chompworks

Welcome Back to the Galaxy!
This is another Star I don't like. The Spring Mushroom appears, which makes a spring coil around Mario so he can bounce high. It disappears when we try to launch, but after we trip the midgate, we get another. We find a Gearmo standing in the way of the Chomp assembly line, breaking up Chomps that roll into him. We must use the Spring Suit to bounce over and in between the Chomps to reach the other side and progress. I take 3 hits from Chomps and die. I could really use a Life Shroom here! I think the problem is that I am not used to the timing of this Spring Suit or I am out of practice from Galaxy. (The Spring Suit does not get used a lot.)
Take 2- I found a 1-up right above the midgate. I took too many hits from Chomps.
Take 3- I got a 100 Star Bit 1-up, the 1-up from the midgate, and died in the lava.
Take 4- I got the midgate 1-up, and was knocked into the lava by a Chomp and died.
Take 5- I got another 100 Star Bit 1-up and the midgate 1-up. I made it past the Chomps and had to cross a smaller bridge with Mini Chomps rolling out. I died from a Mini Chomp.
Take 6- I got the midgate 1-up, was hit by a Chomp, knocked into the lava, got out, and died from a hit from another Chomp. This is aggravating!
Take 7- See Take 6. I gave up at this point to pursue the Grand Star from Bowser's Gravity Gauntlet.
Take 8- I got the Spring Suit and launched to the midgate. I got the 1-up above the midgate and died from Chomps.
Take 9- I got the midgate 1-up, a 100 Star Bit 1-up, and died from hitting a Chomp, the lava, and then made a bad jump and died.
Take 10- See Take 6.
Take 11- I got the midgate 1-up. I reached the end of the assembly line after taking a hit from a Chomp and falling into the lava. I backflip up to the Mini Chomp ledge and launch to another midgate. Finally some progress! This new planet is a tower. We spring jump up the platforms and gears of the tower to reach the Star. Another Star I don't want to do again. That took way too long.
Star Get #72, 1071 Star Bits, 1418 Coins, 14 Lives
Interlude
Chee? We land in the Engine Room, which means we mysteriously brought back an item from our travels. Lubba asks, "Wait, this is a spring, so you wear that?" Yes, you bet we do. "Does is make a big Boing sound when poked?" I bet it does. Try it. All of the domes in the Engine Room have been filled! Yay! Wait, that means no more new power-ups. Drat! The Luma in the Engine Room says he'll have to brag to everyone now that we've filled all of the domes. Now that we're done collecting items, let's continue collecting Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment