Saturday, August 28, 2010

Slimy Spring Galaxy - The Deep Shell Well

Welcome Back to the Galaxy!
I don't get this galaxy. It wasn't until I reached the end that I figured out what it was supposed to be. (It's supposed to be like Bigmouth Galaxy in Galaxy.) Musically, this is a dud. It's very slow, and sounds mostly like individual notes being played on a bad organ. It is eerie, though. We land in a cavern. We go through a green pipe on our left where there are 9 chests and only 3 shells. The one in the very middle has a 1-up. The middle row left chest and the middle column back row chest both have Goombas. We take a hit from a bat and kill the two in the cave. At the back of the cavern is a water slide. We slide down into water. We take hits from the urchins and worms. At the bottom is a shell. We die from an urchin.
Take 2- Once we progress further, the underground lake will take up all of the cave and there will be nowhere to surface. This time, we drowned because we ran out of air. I gave up at this point.
Take 3- I got a 1-up from the front left chest. Once in the lake, I got a shell and saw a hole in the rock to my left. It led to the Comet Medal and rejoined the main path. (I got the Comet Medal in Take 1, too.) I was running out of air when I reached the slope the urchins roll down, but made it to the Launch Star and launched to the midgate. There is a ledge with a 1-up that I reach with a long jump. It's a long drop to the bottom, where there is another lake. We get another shell-we lose it when we launch- and swim through rings. As we progress we find the lake is filled with Boos. Fortunately, the shell comes with a light and we can take them out this way. We continue and dodge even more urchins and reach the end of the lake and walk outside. The music is calm, we can hear the water, and birds. It's very peaceful. At the edge is a treasure chest. We open it with the shell and out pops Red Toad! He thanks us. He says, "I was taking a quick nap... Who am I kidding? I grabbed a Star, but fell and got trapped in this chest. It's stuffy in there." Ah, yes, Red Toad, always getting stuffed in chests with Stars. At least he's honest-for the time being. He gives us the Star as thanks, as long as we don't tell the other Toads. Sure, he finally helped us get a Star.
Star Get # 75, 38 Comet Medals, 95 Star Bits, 1448 Coins, 12 Lives
There is a Comet in Flash Black. Goody. I accidently triggered the pre-final battle sequence here, but I'll save it for when I blog about it. The path from Slimy Spring leads directly to Bowser, and I advanced, but did not see it before it triggered. It seems to have changed the map music.

No comments:

Post a Comment