Sunday, July 25, 2010

Boo Moon Galaxy - Silver Stars Pop-up

Welcome Back to the Galaxy!
This galaxy has the same music as Haunty Halls. We land on a dark, spherical planet with walls. It is a house. There is a beam of light around Mario so we can see where to go. We hear some Boos laugh. I move to the right where there is a coin. The door opens automatically, but it isn't obvious where the doors are. I failed the Bonus Area with the Pumpkin Goombas. The place is pretty dusty-Mario leaves footprints, which will allow us to see where we've been- it's a maze. I take 2 hits from Boos and found the Launch Star.
We launch to a purple snake platform over a goop lake. We ride to the midgate, where we take another snake platform. The land will sink into the goop after you get off it. We get the ? Coin, which makes musical notes appear that play the musical scale. Getting all of them makes 3 1-ups appear-they won't move. I fell in the goop because I jumped and missed the musical notes.
Take 2- I got the 3 1-ups. I reach another snake platform, which takes me along to a platform where the gravity transitions and the world flips up 90 degrees. I take a hit from a Ghost Octoomba, but didn't recover-the snake platform moves quickly and I couldn't recover in time.
Take 3- I get the 3-up, miss the platform, and fell in.
Take 4-I got the 3-up and reach a fourth snake platform and the world flips up again. This one takes you to the Comet Medal and the Launch Star.
We launch to a crescent moon with Launch Star Chips. It's a 2D moon and it tilts with Mario's weight. We get all 5 and create the Launch Star.
We launch to a flat planet with a background of a house behind some graves. There are Silver Stars, most of which are high above the ground. One is at ground level near a grave marker. The second is above a red switch, which we pound. This makes half of the planet flip up like a pop-up book. The grave markers pop-up so we can stand on them. There are few Boos to make this difficult. I take a hit from one. The planet goes back down, but will come back up without you having to pound the switch again. Once we get the other 3, the Star appears and land on the ground.
Star Get #51, 30 Comet Medals, 314 Star Bits, 1219 Coins, 23 Lives
Interlude
We get another letter from a Gearmo, who wants some work done on Space Storm. We'll deal with him later.

No comments:

Post a Comment