Saturday, July 10, 2010

Cloudy Court Galaxy - Silver Stars in the Purple Pond

Welcome Back to the Galaxy!

Luigi is the galaxy upon our arrival. We can play as him, but I decide not to. I get the -1up from under the dinosaur hedge and the Life Shroom. I collect as many coins as I can and have 29 by the time I reach the drums. Near the fan on the planet with the Luma are more coins, so I have 30 to feed to the Luma. The Luma henshins into a new planet that looks like a planter bowl. We launch to the new planet and trigger the midgate.

We see lots of clouds floating over toxic purple goop. There are skull signs and the sign says don't fall it. There are Silver Stars over the clouds. This shouldn't be too difficult, right? It isn't, until you move to get the Silver Stars. Cosmic Clones appear to make your life difficult. I fell in after taking a hit from a Cosmic Clone. Taking a hit gets rid of your cloud power, so you can no longer stand on clouds. This level is very unforgiving. The sound as Mario fell in let me know that this was Dark Matter.

Take 2- I fell in the Dark Matter again. The Cosmic Clones will generate at each Silver Star, so you'll have many following you as you progress.

Take 3- I fell in between the clouds.

Take 4- I took a hit from a Cosmic Clone at the third Silver Star- there is a general path to follow.

Take 5- My aim was off and I jumped into the Dark Matter.

Take6- I fell in between the clouds.

Take 7- Okay, I'm failing way too much. I don't want to trigger the appearance of Super Guide, so let's take it easy. I get each Silver Star, dodging them when I have to back track. When I got the 5th Silver Star, the Cosmic Clones poofed. The Star flew over to where the signs were. I changed my camera perspective and slowly made my way back.

Star Get # 28, 890 Star Bits, 718 Coins, 15 Lives

Interlude

A Prankster Comet appeared in Yoshi Star Galaxy. No! Not Comets! (I know it's my fault for collecting the medals, but I don't like Comets!) Chush! Lubba says a Prankster Comet's been spotted. Comets can transform galaxies into wildly different places. (Don't I know it!) Collecting more Medals makes more Comets appear. (Drat!) We can get a Star from every Comet. (Goodie! But it won't be easy!) I'm going to save the Comet Stars for later when I have more experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment