Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bowser Jr.'s Fearsome Fleet - Bowser Jr.'s Mighty Megahammer

Welcome Back to the Galaxy!
We hear the same music and see more of those purple sparking enemies. They hit me twice and a Bullet Bill gets in a shot. We get Yoshi, who can eat these pesky Bullet Bills and shoot them out like Spinies to break stuff. We make Yoshi shake his head to activate a switch so the platform moves. We encounter honing Bullet Bills. We take too many hits from the Bullet Bills and the Bob-ombs and died.
Take 2- I take 4 hits from the purple enemies. While on the platforms, we take out the Monty Moles with the Bill Blasters with the Bullet Bills that they fire. We miss the next platform and die from a purple enemy.
Take 3- We made it to the 2nd platform. We break the glass with a Bullet Bill to reveal a Sling Star and a black hole. We sling to the midgate. We snipe a Hammer Bro with a Bullet Bill and destroy a Bowser Jr. statue for a 1-up. I touch an electric fence. We lure a Bullet Bill to break the glass around the switch. Dark matter appears to the left and Airships come out of it. On the 2nd Airship, we quickly grab the Comet Medal and get back on the platform. We get a Life Shroom from the Luma Shop and trip the midgate. We launch to the next planet. Bowser Jr. appears in his cockpit. We don't know when to quit-(nope!). He will enjoy tkaing us out from the cozy confines of his robot cockpit (Hint-hint-target it!).He wants to know if we're any match for Megahammer. If we are, we'll get a Grand Star. The cockpit merges with a giant robot with 2 very big hammers-Megahammer indeed! It's got the Clown Copter's eyes. It shoots out Bullet Bills and Banzai Bills. It has two blue glass panels in the front, and we know what to do with glass-break it! Yoshi eats a Bullet Bill and we aim for a glass panel and it partially shatters. We take a hit from a Bullet Bill and break both sets of glass. We take another hit from a Bullet Bill, and then the Megahammer uses its hammers to knock out chunks in the floor. We walk off into a black hole.
Take 4- We buy another Life Shroom and launch. The battle music is weird with the sound effects of the robot. We take out the front pieces of glass. We wander around the ring to a Sling Star and sling over and behind the robot. We take out the glass in the back and take 2 hits. The cockpit flips around to reveal Bowser Jr. We fell in the hole because the hammers blocked our escape.
Take 5- We get another Life Shroom and have 2 lives left at this point. I took out the glass but took 2 many hits and died. At this point, I gave up because I needed more lives.
Take 6- I came back to this on the same day. I reached the midgate, got the statue 1-up, the Comet Medal, and barely made it to the pre-battle midgate- I broke the glass at the very last second. I bought a Life Shroom and launched. I got in all of the glass hits and died from Bullet Bills and the hammer shockwaves.
Take 7- I bought a Life Shroom and launched. I got in the glass hits. I finally had my epiphany- when the hammers pound twice, the robot leans forward enough, so that if Yoshi jumps while holding a Bullet Bill in his mouth, he can aim it at the cockpit. I finally got in my first hit. After taking a few more hits, I got in my 2nd hit. The cockpit glass is destroyed. I had taken a hit and I believe I was down to my last health bar. Yoshi was appearing to go in his shell when the cutscene takes over and the robot explodes. Bowser Jr. flies away and the Grand Star appears. I use the Sling Star to reach the Grand Star. Even though he went into his shell, Yoshi appears behind us for the Grand Star Get sequence.
GRAND STAR GET #3!
Star Get #36, 20 Comet Medals, 829 Star Bits, 909 Coins, 8 Lives
Interlude
Chush! Lubba says we did great work for getting the 3rd Grand Star. We're ready to fly through space and time. The monster's still out there so let's ship out to the next "world". We've come a long way thanks to our efforts, let's keep this good thing going. (Yes, our symbiotic relationship is going swimmingly. Still, why couldn't he build us a bigger, more opulent faceship? This one's starting to get crowded!)

No comments:

Post a Comment