Sunday, July 11, 2010

Haunty Halls Galaxy - A Glimmer of Bulb Berry

Welcome Back to the Galaxy!
We land in a galaxy crawling with ghosts! Who ya gonna call? Luigi! But he's not here right now, nor does he have the Poltergust. (I don't think the Ghostbusters take galactical missions.) The Ghost House music plays here. There is a moving path that will move you towards the Ghost Octoombas. We can't kill these- which is really annoying. I take a hit from a Ghost Octoomba and get knocked off the level.
Take 2- I failed the Bonus Area, which is crawling with the Pumpkin Goombas, and no powerups. I took many hits here, but reached the Launch Star after leaving. We land on a planet. There is a moving path coming out between dark matter walls. We must move quickly to get through the path before it moves and disappears on the right side. We can wait for the path to get to the right and it will reappear from the left side shortly. Unfortunately, the path is narrow and I was knocked off by a Ghost Octoomba.
Take 3- We launched to the disappearing path area. We made it across to the midgate. I got a 1-up, but I fell off trying to dodge a Ghost Octoomba.
Take 4- I got the 1-up and take a hit from a Ghost Octoomba. I made it past the second path, but fell off.
Take 5- I made it to the other side unharmed and made it to the red path that moves much faster. I almost made it and tried to jump to the edge, but I missed.
Take 6- I made it across the last red path- another path appeared from the left that I didn't see before. Just past the landing area is the Comet Medal floating in midair. If you approach the edge and wait for a little while, a green path will appear so you can get it. We find a green pipe and it warps us into a house. There is a Yoshi egg and a yellow fruit, as well as the midgate. This fruit is the Bulb Berry, and when Yoshi eats it, a timer starts and things, like the floor start to appear, and you can see through things. It's like Matter Splatter, but you're more in control. We can see through the painting and see a picture of the Bulb Berry. I let it run out and fell. Once the power runs out, if you aren't standing on a platform you can see without the berry, you'll fall through.
Take 7- Let's do this before Super Guide appears! We use the Bulb Berry and get the key near the door. We must keep going and move quickly. More of the mansion is revealed to us, but is has many holes in it that we must jump over. We use the Swing Flower to land under the Star, but the timer is running out. We keep jumping and finally get the Star as the platform disappears.
Star Get #31, 17 Comet Medals, 1061 Star Bits, 813 Coins, 5 Lives
Interlude
A Comet appears in Sky Station Galaxy. We get a letter from a Star Bunny saying we should jump and spin to get to secret areas. I went to get more lives from Sky Station (I got 6, but I can get 11. I go here when I get low in lives.) After returning, a Comet appears around Boulder Bowl Galaxy.

No comments:

Post a Comment