Saturday, July 31, 2010

Shiverburn Galaxy - Prince Pikante's Peppery Mood

Welcome Back to the Galaxy!
We land back on the lava covered planet. After taking a hit from the laser, we freeze the planet over so we can get the 1-up and the Life Shroom. I take 3 more hits from the laser and launch.
We trip the midgate on a dome of lava. There are rock platforms rotating over the dome. I fell into the lava two times and lost the awesome power of the Life Shroom. I open up a chest containing a 1-up using a coconut. In the next area, there are meteors raining down from the sky. I take a hit from one, get the Comet Medal, and move to an ice covered area. The meteors melt into lava in the ice. We go to another ice planet, but with 1 health bar left, I die from a hit from a green Octoomba.
Take 2- I got at 100 Star Bit 1-up, but fell into the meteor-created lava. I almost fell off the planet getting a Life Shroom. I beat the Octoomba. There are octopi out in the lava that shoot coconuts at you. Line yourself up with the coconut and spin to send it back, taking out the Octopus. It will return automatically; you don't have to aim. After taking them all out, a bridge forms over the lava. Ice falls down from the sky, and makes hexagonal crystals just like the Ice Flower in Galaxy. I got a 1-up, but fell in the lava three times and lost the Life Shroom. We launch to a green Starshroom.
Green Toad says we're deep in enemy territory, so I buy a Life Shroom. We trip the midgate and launch to a filled-in figure-8 shaped planet. We see a crowned, caped green octopus riding in a tank. This is Prince Pikante, the son (-in-law? The game makes no attempts to clarify.) of King Kaliente, whom we battled in Galaxy. I take hits from the meteor lava and the tank. Prince Pikante moves about quickly in his tank, making it difficult to line yourself up with a coconut that he will periodically shoot. He also shoots rocks from his tank. When you do line up with a coconut, spinning it will automatically send it to hit him regardless of where he is. He then shoots out several rocks and coconuts at once. I dodge them, but fall in the lava. I get in my 2nd and 3rd hits. The tank lights up and explodes. The Star finally appears!
Star Get #57, 32 Comet Medals, 227 Star Bits, 1288 Coins, 28 Lives
Interlude
A Comet appears in Bowser's Gravity Gauntlet. Baby Luma gets another letter, saying that many kind-hearted people out there are watching over him. May the stars shine down on him. 50 Star Bits were attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment