Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Boulder Bowl Galaxy - Rock and Rollodillo

We've got one! We've got Chomps! - Transmission 13

Welcome Back to the Galaxy!

Boulder Bowl has the same music as Spin-Dig. We see a new object in a force-field cage. Killing the Green Octoomba releases it. It is the Rock Mushroom and Mario henshins into Rock Mario. His hat and overalls are made of rock. Shaking the Wiimote makes Mario roll into a rock ball and allows him to roll around for a period of time. Unfortunately, there is no way to stop him early, except by running into large objects. We notice some of the Toads near a very large pink crystal. One of them has a pick, but he says he can't break it. We roll into it to reveal the Comet Medal. We unfortunately roll off the edge.

Take 2- After getting the Rock Mushroom and the Comet Medal, we use our new power to knock down the bridge so we can use it. There are enemies that greatly resemble bowling pins and they squeak. We bowl a 5 out of 6 and roll up the ramp to the midgate. There are a lot of Octoombas here, as well as boulders and some wooden fence. Rock Mario can break this fence (it's rather flimsy). I took too many hits from the Octoombas and died because I tried to stomp on them after taking a hit. I did not realize that there was a Rock Shroom on the planet at the time.

Take 3- Killed by Octoombas.

Takes 4 and 5- Rolled off the level.

Take 6- I developed a new strategy so that I wouldn't get killed. I used the Rock Mushroom to take care of the Octoombas near the cage so I wouldn't roll off the level. I then stomped on the rest. I released the Launch Star. I found a green pipe in one of the pillar-like rocks on the planet. I got a 1-up from the die. This planet is crawling with Chomps and boulders in mud tracks. I broke the pink crystal to free the Launch Star and launched to the midgate. I launched onto a spherical planet, and met Rollodillo, an armadillo covered in spiky armor. I still have my Rock Mushroom, so I try to hit his face with Rock Mario. I took 2 hits this way. His spiky armor cannot be pierced by the Rock Mushroom. I finally tried rolling into him, but missed, rolling right past him. I then saw that his rear was unguarded. (It was also blue and furry.) This is the 2nd enemy whose backside we have to target because it is unguarded. I used Rock Mario to roll and hit him from behind. I got in my 2nd hit and accidently touched him. I got in my 3rd and 4th hits and he exploded. The Star appeared.

Star Get #17, 10 Comet Medals, 660 Star Bits, 544 Coins, 5 Lives

Nicely executed! - Transmission 13
(I beg to differ.)

Interlude
We land in the Engine Room. (I figured out the pattern- if we land in the Engine Room, we brought back an item. If we land on the Base, we brought back a helpful character.) Lubba mentions that we brought back a Rock Mushroom, but he thinks it's just a rock. He doesn't mind because we have room. I feed a hungry Luma 700 Star Bits and it henshins into Honeybloom Galaxy. Let's go there next!

No comments:

Post a Comment