Saturday, July 24, 2010

Chompworks Galaxy - Where the Chomps Are Made of Gold

Welcoime Back to the Galaxy!
This galaxy has the same music as Flipsville. This mission took me a little while to figure out how to progress, but not too long. We land on a planet that is an assembly line for Chomps. The Gearmos run this operation. The pink one stands in front of a basin that must be kept clear. We see the assembly line up on a platform with several Chomps rolling out and running into a wall and bursting apart. Above the Chomps is a Comet Medal. I go up to the assembly line, get the Comet Medal, and get knocked off.
Take 2- I got the Comet Medal and took a hit from a Chomp. I flip a switch and the wall they were running into drops so they can continue on wire rails. I try to follow them on the rails, but Mario is not a Chomp and falls through.
Take 3- I got the Comet Medal and flipped the switch. The Chomps rolled down the rails, but ran into a platform, which broke them up. I stood on said platform and it lowered, allowing the Chomp to roll into the basin, but not before hitting me. The Chomp turns into a Launch Star and we launch to the midgate.
There is a Gearmo standing in front of a line of rolling Chomps, saying to give their best shot. They run into him and burst into pieces. We walk on the right side of the assembly line, where there are other platforms. On one is a green platform circled by Mini Chomps. I got 2 1-ups from the dice. I get some coins and long jump to the Launch Star. There is a cluster of Star Bits shaped like a Chomp in space.
We land on another assembly line. There are the red/blue platforms from Flip-Flop. We have to reach the beginning of the assembly line and clear the way for the Chomp by flipping the platforms and tilting the green platform, so it will land in the basin. It does, and we get a 1-up and 100 Star Bit 1-up on the way. The Chomp becomes a Launch Star and launch to the next planet.
We trip the midgate and find ourselves at yet another assembly line. This time, Gold Chomps roll out of lava. As we can all guess, gold means Star. There is a basin nearby, which means we must lead the Chomp into it for the Star. Before I can do that, however, I fell in the lava twice and took a hit from a Helmet Goomba.
Take 4- We depress the platforms so the Chomp can roll on its way. Don't worry if you lose one of them; an unlimited supply will come out of the lava. Because we have to stay ahead of the Chomp, the Chomp will periodically go on some rails so we can move forward without it hurting us. After depressing the 2nd platform, I jumped to the next area and waited at the switch. We pounded the switch with good timing-after the Chomp has rolled onto the platform we have to raise, but before it hits the wall. It rolls in the basin and burst into the Star.
Star Get # 45, 26 Comet Medals, 1190 Star Bits, 1112 Coins, 22 Lives
Interlude
We get a yellow/black letter from a Gearmo, who wants odd jobs done in Boulder Bowl Galaxy. I would love to indulge my inner pyro by burning more crates, but there are other Stars I need to get. I'll take care of this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment