Saturday, July 24, 2010

Bowser's Gravity Gauntlet - Breaking into Bowser's Castle

Welcome Back to the Galaxy!
This "galaxy" has the same music as the last time we tried to beat Bowser, but with more lava and fire! We get a Life Shroom and the move along as the area switches into 2D ant farm. We trip the midgate and backflip to get the Comet Medal. There are Podoboos jumping out of the lava, some of which dive into another pool of lava at a 90 degree angle. The walking surface rotates 90 degrees, but the camera doesn't change, so we have to adjust the way we control the joystick. I take 2 hits from Podoboos and we walk onto the ceiling, where I take another hit and lose the Life Shroom. We have to swim through a water area, where the water is magically suspended above the ground. There are Cheep-cheeps to avoid. We exit the area, trigger the midgate, and the game goes back to 3-D. Mario died from being crushed by a Whomp.
Take 2- I kill the Whomp that took Mario out in Take 1. There is another Whomp, and near it, a 1-up. We go around a corridor, and it goes back to 2D. I take a hit from a Goomba and jump to a rotating platform with fire bars, which hit me. I launch to the midgate on the other side reached by walking around the platform.
We find another meteor-we know what to do with these! But first, we must seek out a Life Shroom, found in the right crystal. We break the seals on the door with the meteors and ride the purple warp beam to the battle area.
Baby Luma comes out from under our hat. The throne is empty and Bowser isn't here. He waves the all-clear. Suddenly, Bowser appears out of nowhere. He expects as much that we're here because we're his archnemesis. But our time is up. It's smooshing time! His huge fist is going to meet our puny face. Baby Luma cowers behind Mario. We fly up to the battle planet.
Bowser's fist now glows purple, and makes shockwaves when it hits the ground. I take a hit from a meteor, which also creates shockwaves when it lands. Bowser will punch the planet twice before the meteors rain down. I get in 2 hits and the music speeds up and Bowser starts breathing fire. I take a hit from the fire. I get in my 3rd and 4th hits and he spits up the Grand Star. He flails and reaches in vain for it and shrinks. He wonders how we did it, but his master plan is too far along and we can't stop him. GWAHAHAAH! He spins and disappears like last time. I noticed the floor on the planet from which we see his throne. It looks like onyx and lapis lazuli stone is the flooring, which is very nice. The Grand Star appears.
GRAND STAR GET #4!
Star Get #46, 27 Comet Medals, 1258 Star Bits, 1120 Coins, 23 Lives
Interlude
Chush! Lubba says we did great work finding the 4th Grand Star and fighting the monster. But, we look more banged up this time (I agree), which means Bowser's getting stronger. We must stop him before he gets more powerful. Let's hit it, on the double!
That was another great game session. I got 14 Stars this time. I am currently at 110 Stars and opened one of the last galaxies in the game. But the Stars are getting harder to get, so my rate will decrease.

No comments:

Post a Comment