Saturday, July 31, 2010

Bowser Jr.'s Boom Bunker - Bowser Jr.'s Boomsday Machine

Welcome Back to the Galaxy!
We land on a planet with the Toad Brigade. The wreck of the Megahammer is strewn over the planet. It's broken, according to Red Toad, but the eyes of the cockpit still light up. The other four Toads are cowering nearby. Red Toad is confident, but when we approach him, the Megahammer lauches Bullet Bills. I am hit by one. I get a 1-up from a die. Three purple smooshing enemies are present and I take a hit from one of them, as well. I find I have to lure a Bullet Bill to a cage to open up the cannon. I take a hit from them twice, and am rotated off the platform.
Take 2- We use the Bullet Bill to open the cannon and get a 1-up from the die. I take a hit from the Bullet Bill and launch to a flagpole. I have to deal with 2 Boomerang Bros., who make a weird noise when they throw their Boomerangs. I took two more hits from the Boomerang Bros. and died.
Take 3- I take hits from the purple electric enemy and a Bullet Bill. I free the cannon, but my aim was just far enough off to send Mario flying into oblivion.
Take 4- We launch in the cannon, take a hit from a Boomerang Bro, and kill both of them. A Launch Star appears and we get a Life Shroom above the back left flagpole. We launch to the midgate, which is on a spherical planet with a cannon. We aim for the bull's eye, and hit it for applause and a 1-up. The bull's eye turns orange. We continue to rotating platforms, miss one and fall in.
Take 5- I got a 1-up from the bull's eye, but made a bad jump.
Take 6- Same as Take 5, but I tried a bad long jump.
Take 7- I got a 1-up from the bull's eye, get the Cloud Suit, but am knocked off by a space bomb.
Take 8- I got a 1-up and got knocked off. At this point, I reset the game so I wouln't trigger the appearance of Super Guide.
Take 9- I had to start over, opened the cannon, launched, but it was a bad shot.
Take 10- I take a hit from a Boomerang Bro, launch to the midgate, got a 1-up from the bull's eye, get the Comet Medal over a blue platform, and finally make it to the other side. I ground pound some stones and launch. Bowser Jr. appears in a tower. Bowser'll get angry if we get another Grand Star. (So let's take one!) It's time to break out the Boomsday Machine! (Uh-oh. That can't be good!) He'll continue to relax in his comfy cockpit. He'll watch us go boom! The Bowser Jr. music from Galaxy is heard here, which I really like. The tower is surrouded by fire bars. I take a hit from one. There are many clouds in the level, as well as Cloud Flowers. I get the Cloud Suit and create a cloud over a fan to reach a permanent cloud. The tower shoots out balls of lightning which will vaporize any cloud it comes in contact with. I create a path of clouds to the tower, land on the cockpit glass, which makes Bowser Jr. very upset. I pound the glass and crack it. Mario is magically pushed off the glass and lands just out of range of the fire bars. The tower then electrifies (Great! It's a remake of the tower Monty Mole controlled in Galaxy!). The tower also activates its fans, which will draw all clouds to the tower while it is electrified. We proceed cautiously, nearly taking a hit, but jumping off at the last second. We finally time it right and get in the 2nd hit. This time, the tower rises out of the ground to reveal that it is really a tank! (Oh dang! I do not need this!) Now we must hit a moving, sometimes electrified, target that can run us over. We also need to reach the higher sets of clouds so we can actually reach the target. We finally get in the third hit after some trial. The tower lights up and explodes, launching Bowser Jr. far away, crying in disappointment and despair. The Grand Star appears.
GRAND STAR GET #5!
Star Get #58, 32 Comet Medals, 357 Star Bits, 1301 Coins, 12 Lives
Interlude
Mario holds onto the tip of the Grand Star as they fly back to S.S. Mario. Chush! Lubba says he had a feeling we could get the fifth Grand Star. Next is the 6th "world". Bowser is going to put up an even stronger fight. Let's get Power Stars and save our Special One. The big fight awaits, the battle draws near. We must do our best and get him this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment