Saturday, July 24, 2010

Space Storm Galaxy - Follow Me, Bob-omb

Welcome Back to the Galaxy!
We have more eerie, spacey music here, but it's not like Space Junk. However, the Pull-Star spheres we land on are like Space Junk. Walking under the 1st one gives a 1-up. I reach the next sphere and take a hit from an Amp. There are Pull Stars rotating around a Launch Star, so we have to time it carefully to reach it. I lose power and conveniently fall into the Launch Star.
We land on a long cylinder planet where we have to get to the other side by navigating rotating platforms. I land on the electric fence 3 times and find the Comet Medal after the 2nd or 3rd set of rotating platforms. We thankfully reach the end and launch to a spool shaped planet.
Here we can see through the floor, where there is a Launch Star. There is also a Life Shroom in a cage. It took me some time to figure out what to do, so I wandered around and took 2 hits from the electric fence. I noticed the Bob-omb launcher near the Launch Star. It will still follow us, so we must lead it on the narrow path to the cage. Breaking the cage opens up a hole into the interior of the planet. We get the Life Shroom and free the Luma, who says spinning a Bob-omb will allow us to pick it up. With that good advice, we launch to the next planet.
We trip the midgate on a partial cylinder of a planet. There are spiked Topmen that come out of black holes, as well as smaller, yellow Topmen. There is also a Bob-omb launcher, and I use a Bob-omb to break a cage so I can proceed and get a 1-up. At the other side of the planet, there are a series of Pull Stars. I used one, but couldn't reach another in time before the power ran out and I fell into a black hole.
Take 2- A yellow Topman knocks me into an electric fence and I fell into a black hole.
Take 3- I get the 1-up and use the Pull Star, but I let go and fall in.
Take 4- I get a 100 Star Bit 1-up and the caged 1-up and use the Pull Stars to reach the Star.
Star Get #47, 28 Comet Medals, 128 Star Bits, 1124 Coins, 14 Lives
Completing this Star mission gives access to almost all of the other galaxies.

No comments:

Post a Comment