Monday, July 26, 2010

Slipsand Galaxy - Squizzard's Sandy Sinkhole

Welcome Back to the Galaxy!
This galaxy has some awesome music. It's Egyptian-themed, with some Indiana Jones-type adventure music. We land on a snaking tube of sand. There are torches around us, but it is so hot in this galaxy, that we can't put out the torches. I took a hit from the flames. While walking around, I found a green pipe. I got most of the coins, but not all of them. I launched at the end of the sand tube.
We land on another sand tube, but this time, there are blocks trying to push us off. There are also green Pokeys and bomb-dropping roosters from Galaxy to make this difficult. I take 2 hits from the bombs, get the Comet Medal above some safe rocks, and am knocked off the level.
Take 2- I take 3 hits from flames and launch. I take a hit from a Pokey, get the Comet Medal, and get a Fire Flower. I use the fireballs to light the torches. A 1-up appears. There are more blocks, but this time, they try to crush you. I ride on top of them to avoid getting killed. We reach the midgate and launch to a sand slide coming out of the pyramid. Mario sits down for this slide. Hey, wait!. The camera's facing Mario and behind him! I can't see where I'm going! It's not safe driving out of your rear view mirror! After a few seconds, I find out what's going on in front of me is not nearly as important as what's coming up behind me: rolling columns (minus the mummy wrapping from Super Mario 64) are barreling towards me! They pass us and we have to dodge them to avoid being rolled over. At one point, we are forced to the edge of the slide, and I fell off.
Take 3- I start the slide again. The sides of the columns are safe to touch, so I keep sliding into them to stay on the slide. We make it past the first bunch of columns, and then the slide gets narrower. We are then flanked by Star Bits. I get a 100 Star Bit 1-up here. The slide becomes so narrow, that we must line ourselves up, and not touch the joystick to stay on. We land at the midgate. Phew! I buy a Life Shroom from the Luma Shop and we launch yet again.
We land in a giant quicksand pit. There are rocks interspersed throughout, so we have someplace to stand. We get close the the center and a sand lizard appears! Also, a Fire Flower orbits the center of the battlefield in a bubble. We take it, and hear a new remix of the Fire Flower music that I like. It sounds Fire Flower meets Carnival. After throwing some rocks, the lizard will open its mouth. What do we do? Take the Wiimote, make Mario face the lizard directly, and shake it like a Polaroid picture! I'm not sure how many fireballs need to go in his mouth to count as a hit, but the same notes play as when you volley a coconut with King Kaliente. We get in 2 hits, but I take a hit from a spiky projectile. The lizard also throws yellow rocks, which make coins. After the the 2nd hit, blasters appear from beneath the sand. These shoot bombs we have to dodge or destroy with fireballs. We can take out any of the projectiles with the fireballs. I take a hit from a bomb, and the lizard opens his mouth in a daze. We send in the last of the fireballs we need-after each one, he turns a little bit darker. He explodes into a Star and the sand stops moving.
Star Get # 53, 31 Comet Medals, 448 Star Bits, 1252 Coins, 25 Lives

No comments:

Post a Comment