Friday, July 30, 2010

Slipsand Galaxy - Sailing the Sandy Seas

Welcome Back to the Galaxy!
We land back in Slipsand on the sand tube. There are moving platforms on the sand tube. I get a Life Shroom and take 2 hits from Dry Bones. There is a green pipe on the rock that breaks up the 2 areas of sand. It is a 2D ant farm, where I hit a fire bar and lose the Life Shroom. In this area, there are gravity arrows that rotate around and follow you, so whichever surface you walk on, you can stand there. I take two more hits, but recover with coins. I leave through an orange pipe, but I think I'm in the same place I started, but I'm not. I go through the green pipe again, because I can't get past the sand. I get across the platforms and launch.
We land on a small platform with signs sticking out of the sand with skulls and crossbones. This is the instantly lethal quicksand, and yet the signs don't get pulled down. A sign says not to fall in. I trip the midgate and approach the Legendary Sand Bird! This one is smaller than in Sunshine. We step on it and it glows, and moves forward across the quicksand. We approach a cactus, but instead of turning away, it runs straight through it, the section taken out by the cactus. We simply have to look ahead and move to an area that won't be taken out by a cactus. We then find out that the Legendary Sand Bird has phoenix powers, and will slowly reform. We also encounter Magikoopas, whose magic will destroy the Sand Bird in mainly diagonal lines. We take a hit from the magic, but stay on. We get a 1-up past the Magikoopas and the Sand Bird moves faster. The Silver Chomp returns, periodically rolling into the Sand Bird, removing large chunks at a time. When our journey finally ends, we reach the Star.
Star Get#54, 496 Star Bits, 1278 Coins, 26 Lives
Interlude
A hungry Luma wants 1500 Star Bits. After making a withdrawal from our friendly Banktoad, we feed it and it henshins into Fleet Glide Galaxy.

No comments:

Post a Comment